Test Question #2 C

Test Question #2 C
Posted 2016, Sep 01 18:39
Your question on LW differences uses the MHWS of +0.2 to add to the low water of 0.5. Your answer was 0.7 but i thought i was supposed to use the reference of +0.5 under the MLWN to give an answer of 1m. Agai, am i not understanding something.
Add reply
0 0

Replies

Reply 2016, Sep 13 17:56
You need to find if the high water or low water is spring or neap. In the Almanac if it is close to the red date then it is a spring tide. Close to a blue date then it is neap. You can also tell because the heights of the tide are higher at spring than neap. Once you determine spring or neap, then on the right side of the secondary port table use the appropriate MHWS or MHWN to get the height correction. In the example you are questioning on April 11 the Low water at 506 UT is a spring low water. Thus subtract 36 minutes. On the right side of the table Under MLWS the correction factor is 0.2m. Thus add it to the Port Frazer 0.5 m on that day to get 0.7m. Your mistakes seem to center around finding if it is neap or spring. January 29th and April 11th are spring. March 20 is in between.
0 0
1 - 1 of 1 replys

Add reply

* - required fields

Please signin first
Add your reply in a positive and constructive manner and tone. Be as specific and clear as possible. Other students will vote your reply up or down depending on its usefulness the clarity. Your comments are always editable.